The Center for Opportunities and Diversity in Engineering (CODE) is charged with promoting and facilitating diversity within the Samueli School. CODE works to achieve this goal by providing academic, professional and social support for underrepresented students.
Some of the services provided by CODE include:
- Free One-On-One Tutoring
- A contact person (aka Karla) who can assist you with questions from courses to grad school
- Freshman "In & Outs of Engineering" Course
- Academic Success Workshops
- Corporate Speakers
- Professional Development Workshops
- Scholarships, Research and Employment opportunities
- Peer Mentoring Program
- Club Support for Filipinos Unifying Student-Engineers in an Organized Network (FUSION), Mexican-American Engineering Society (MAES), National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE), Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (SHPE), and Society of Women Engineers (SWE)
Whether your next step is graduate school or industry, all of CODE's programs are designed and implemented with an eye toward providing students with options.
|Welcome Week! Dean's wecome & Involvement Fair||Welcome Week! Water ballon fight!||Welcome Week! CODE Open House (1-3pm) REC 201||First Day of Classes! Reminder: do not attend labs or discussions.||Second Day of Classes! Reminder: do not attend labs or discussions.|
|Week 1||Northrop Grumman "How to Work a Career Fair" 5:30pm in EH 2430|