The Center for Opportunities and Diversity in Engineering (CODE) is charged with promoting and facilitating
diversity within the Samueli School. CODE works to achieve this goal by providing academic, professional and
social support for underrepresented students.
Some of the services provided by CODE include:
- Free One-On-One Tutoring
- Freshman Orientation Course
- Academic Success Workshops
- Corporate Speakers
- Professional Development Workshops
- Scholarships, Research and Employment opportunities
- Peer Mentoring Program
- Club Support for Filipinos Unifying Student-Engineers in an Organized Network (FUSION), Mexican-American Engineering Society (MAES), National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE), Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (SHPE), and Society of Women Engineers (SWE)
- Informal Meetings with Faculty
Whether your next step is graduate school or industry, all of CODE's programs are designed and implemented with an eye toward providing students with options.