Circuits and Devices
EECS faculty engage in diverse and comprehensive research into the circuits and devices that make up the fundamental building blocks of complex electronic systems. This includes research related to communications, signal processing, radio frequency devices, networking, digital imaging, integrated systems, nano-technology, optical devices and power electronics.
Microelectronics, Nanotechnology, Photonics
- Advanced Photonics Devices and Systems Laboratory
- Applied Electromagnetics Laboratory
- Broadband Communications Group
- Nanoscale Communication IC Lab
- UCI Nanotechnology Group
- Nano-Bio Science and Technology Lab
Power Electronics, Power Systems, Renewables, Smart Grid
Related faculty: Smedley
Many EECS faculty perform research at the systems level, where computing and engineering are combined in complex fashions. Among a very wide range of topics, this includes research related to real-time computing, visualization, computer vision, modeling, and even interactions between engineering and the arts.
Architecture, Processors, Embedded Systems
- Advanced Computer Architecture Group
- Advanced Integrated Cyber-Physical Systems (AICPS) Lab
- Center for Embedded Computer Systems
- MorphoSys: Reconfigurable Computing Laboratory
Distributed & Real-Time systems, Database
Graphics, Image Processing, Computer Vision
Related faculty: Healey
EECS faculty in this group conduct research in algorithms and technologies related to communications, signal processing, information theory, and networking.