According to the American Society of Engineering Education, biomedical engineering degrees have increased more than any other field over the past decade. In their recent ranking of size, determined by number of awarded degrees, The Henry Samueli School of Engineering's Department of Biomedical Engineering ranked in the top six, with 98 bachelor of science degrees awarded in 2009. The top six departments in terms of number of bachelor’s degrees include:
1. Duke University 141
2. University of California, San Diego 136
3. Georgia Institute of Technology 134
4. University of Texas, Austin 102
5. Johns Hopkins University 100
6. University of California, Irvine 98
Read the original article.