Below is a list of merit-based scholarships available for undergraduate students.
Krishna V. Shenoy Scholarship (2 to be awarded, each for $2500)
Named after a UCI alumnus from Electrical Engineering (BSEE 1990) who is now a Full Professor of Electrical Engineering at Stanford University.
- Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science & Engineering major.
- Undergraduate student at the end of his/her Sophomore or Junior year and advancing to Junior or Senior status. Applicants should be ready to take in Fall 2014 or have already completed EECS 170A or CSE 112 in order to be considered for this scholarship.
- Minimum GPA of 3.2.
- Demonstrated interest and commitment to addressing and solving humanitarian issues.
Students will be instructed on how to apply in early April 2014.
Haggai Memorial Endowed Scholarship ($1,000)
Memorial fund in honor of Ted Haggai, an electrical engineer.
* Scholarship for outstanding undergraduate electrical engineers. The award
committee will give primary consideration to Tau Beta Pi members who have contributed outstanding service to both UCI and the School of Engineering
* All applicants should be currently enrolled in their junior year at UC Irvine and be planning to complete their Bachelor of Science degree at UCI
Gregory A. Bogaczyk Memorial Scholarship ($1,000)
Scholarship established in memory of Gregory Bogaczyk, a former UCI Mechanical Engineering student, and is contributed by the Bogaczyk family and friends.
* Junior or Senior in Mechanical Engineering
* GPA of 3.0 or better
* Must be a U.S. citizen
* Not be eligible for significant financial aid
Deborah and Peter Pardoen Memorial Endowed Scholarship ($750)
Award established by Professor Gerard Pardoen in honor of his brother and sister-in- law, Peter and Deborah Pardoen.
* Mechanical and/or Aerospace Engineering student with good standing who has excelled particularly in their contribution to fellow student, school and community
Christine Jones Memorial Scholarship ($1,000)
Scholarship established in memory of Christine Jones (BSE '89).
* Female Engineering undergraduate student
* GPA of 2.5 or better
* Work 15 hours per week or more during the school year to supplement educational funding
Henry Samueli Endowed Scholarship
LINC Biomedical Engineering Scholarship