Undergraduate Advising

There are two types of formal advising within The Henry Samueli School of Engineering.

Appointments with Academic Counselors

The undergraduate student affairs office offers academic advising by academic counselors and peer advisors in the School's Student Affairs Office, 305 Rockwell Engineering Center. Students are encouraged to consult with the academic counselors in the Engineering Student Affairs Office whenever they desire to change their program of study.

Degree Audit Update

If your degree audit is not completely accurate, you may request an update by submitting

a "REQUEST FOR DEGREE AUDIT UPDATE" to REC 305.  Please print the form and submit it to REC 305.  The update may take 5 - 7 days. 

Faculty Advisement

Academic advisement also takes place within departments with faculty advisors. Faculty have an open door policy and are available to talk with students on an ongoing basis. All Engineering majors are required to meet with their faculty advisor at least once each year.  Please check with your department for specific scheduling. Regardless of how often students meet with advisors, they must ultimately realize that they alone are responsible for the planning of their own program and for satisfactory completion of their graduation requirements.