Welcome indeed, this site is under construction. This
site is dedicated to the MorphoSys Research Project and
the Advanced Computer Architecture Group At UCI. Here you
will find useful information on MorphoSys, whether you are
from industry, from academia, government or just interested,
we certainly hope you find this site useful.
Introduction To MorphoSys
MorphoSys is a Reconfigurable Computer Architecture that is
composed of a software programmable processing unit called
and a reconfigurable hardware unit called RC
Array. MorphoSys is currently running at 450MHz (simulated), using
0.13-micron technology and with an area of 8x8mm or 16x16mm
with onchip memory.
Important Features of MorphoSys:
- Coarse grain: MorphoSys operates on 8 / 16-bit data.
- Configuration: RC array is configured by context words,
which specify an instruction opcode for RC.
- Depth of programmability: The Context Memory can store
up to 32 planes of configuration.
- Dynamic reconfiguration: Contexts are loaded into Context
Memory without interrupting RC operation.
- Local/Host Processor: The control processor (Tiny RISC)
and RC Array are resident on the same chip.
- Fast Memory Interface: Through DMA controller.
This site contains detailed information on MorphoSys, detailed
information on MorphoSys' components and MorphoSys related
information is divided in several sections.
- Components -> TinyRISC
(Software Programmable Processor)
- Components -> RC
Array (Reconfigurable Hardware Unit)
- Components -> Frame
Buffer (Data transfer between Main Memory and RC Array)
- Components -> DMA
(Direct Memory Access)
- Components -> Context
Memory (32-bit instruction words for RC Array)
- Components -> Tools
(Tools developed by ACAG for MorphoSys)
- Projects -> Links to current ACAG projects.
- About -> Links to publications, people and sponsors.
This is a picture of the MorphoSys Architecture.
Contact us at:
- Phone: (949) 824-5689
- Fax: (949) 824-3779
- Postal address:
University of California, Irvine
Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer
Irvine, CA 92697-2625
- General Info: MorphoSys@uci.edu