Financial Aid for EECS Applicants
A limited amount of financial aid is available to EECS applicants.
There are 3 main sources of financial aid:
- Fellowships: A number of fellowships are available. If you check the box on the on-line application indicating interest in financial aid, then you will automatically be considered for a fellowship. No further request is needed.
- Teaching Assistantships: A limited number of TAships are reserved for incoming graduate students each year. In order to qualify for a TAship, one of the following conditions must be met:
- High-school education conducted primarily in English.
- A score of 50 or above on the Test of Spoken English (TSE)
- Graduate Student Researcher: Professors sometimes support incoming students with their own research funds. Applicants should contact individual faculty members whose research interests are similar to their own. GSR students receive a monthly salary as well as fees and tuition as a benefit of employment. Monthly salary range from $600-1,200 dollars per month depending on the student's academic background and the level of employment. Students who are MS and Ph.D. candidates may be considered for the award. Preference may be given to Ph.D. students