This website is dedicated to helping incoming students make a smooth transition into graduate study. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Date: September 29, 2014
Additional information will be sent to new students in late August 2014.
General List of Things To Do
- Activate your UCInetID, which will become your student email address. Follow the link and select "Student Applicants" from the Activate page. If you were previously a student or employee at UCI, you will retain your existing UCINetID and you do not need to reactivate it.
- Begin checking your UCI email account via UCI Google Apps Gmail as important information will be sent there.
- Complete and submit the Statement of Legal Residence (SLR) form. For more information, visit UCI Registrar's Office Statement of Legal Residence. To log into the SLR site, use your new Student ID# and numeric password that were included in the "Congratulations from UCI" email message you should have received confirming your admission offer. Do not use your Application ID Number when logging into the SLR site.
- Complete and submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). International students do not need to complete the FAFSA.
- International students who need an F-1 or J-1 Visa should complete the I-20/DS-2019 Request for New Graduate Students (available from the UCI International Center) and submit it to the department.
- Meet the conditions of your provisional admissions (as stated on your "Congratulations to UCI" email message).
- Enroll in classes (see below for more information about enrolling in units) starting on June 9, 2014 at 7:00pm.
- Pay fees (see below for more information on fee payment). Students can log in to their ZotBill account to see their balance and pay their fees. Learn about Graduate Student Health Insurance (GSHIP) and the requirements to waive it (if applicable).
- Notify the Graduate Division at GradAdmissionQuestions@uci.edu of an address change prior to the third week of classes.
- After arriving on campus, get your Student ID Card (photo ID) at the Hill.
- International students only: After arriving on campus, international students must report to the UCI International Center for Check-in Sessions to comply with US government requirements.
- International students only: Attend the Campus-wide New International Graduate Student Orientation on September 24, 2014 (Strongly Recommended). For more information, please visit: http://www.grad.uci.edu/services/campuswide-orientation/international-orientation.html
- Attend the Campus-wide New Graduate Student Orientation on September 25, 2014 (Mandatory). For more information, please visit: http://www.grad.uci.edu/services/campuswide-orientation/grad-orientation.html
- Attend the Engineering New Graduate Student Orientation on September 29, 2014 (Mandatory). Additional information will be sent during the Summer.
- Attend the Engineering Departmental New Graduate Student Orientation – dates vary (Mandatory). Additional information will be sent during the Summer.
To find contact information for the Department Graduate Advisor and Coordinator, please visit http://www.eng.uci.edu/grad/advisors
General information about graduate housing at UC Irvine, as well as detailed information about Graduate Housing Application process can be found at http://www.housing.uci.edu/graduate/